YearOne offers a very transparent behind the scenes look at the lives of individuals who have decided to take the leap of faith and forge their own path in business. These are the risk takers, the trail blazers, the exceptional and ordinary people who are following their north star and making their dreams a reality.
We discuss the highs, the lows, and everything in between during these intimate conversations, leaving you with nuggets of advice, guidance, and inspiration.
Sathish is a seasoned entrepreneur, having successfully built and sold 3 tech companies during his career. He is a mentor, coach, investor and CEO/Founder of a number of companies including Schoolio, Desifest, Applaus Artists and Bala Group.
Deon has recently re-entered the world of entrepreneurship after having spent the last decade working for a boss. Although he has worked in start-ups, family-run businesses and large multinationals he has always had a side hustle, from a debt management agency to furniture upcycling and everything in between.
Please sit in a well-lit room for the best quality video. While we are recording your episode as a podcast, the video will be used for show promotion.
Good audio is key to retaining our listeners. Either a studio mic or a good in-ear mic is preferred. If possible, please find a quiet place to record.
Stable connection ensures we have an uninterrupted 30mins together. Mobile phones are not preferred.
The audio recording is 30 mins in total. Please join the interview link 5 mins before the start time for us to review and get acquainted.
Why did you choose this path?
Central to our conversation is the exploration of WHY, HOW and WHAT that has impacted your yearONE. The following is a sample of questions and conversation areas for you to prepare. This is only a guide, we will go where the conversation leads us.
- How do you maintain a healthy work/life balance
- What were you doing before?
- What have you learnt about yourself?
- Why did you opt to work for yourself?
- How did you choose what business or service to do?
- If you had to do it over, what would you do differently?
- What do you wish you knew then that you know now?
- What are your growth plans?
- Your current burning issue?
- How do you remain motivated when times are tough?
- If you could recommend one book, person or podcast that inspires you, what would it be
- 3 key takeaways from YearOne
- Guest Introduction
- The ‘ah ha’ moment of clarity
- Introduction to your business
- Why this idea – why you?
- Early challenges and wins
- Your personal growth
- Wrap up – what does family, team and entrepreneurship mean to you in the context of your journey?